Friday, May 23, 2008

FIRST TREATMENT THIS MORNING.....

I had my first cancer drug treatment this morning. My sister-in-law (Loretta)took me... I love her!!! It was in IV Form and it took 1 and 1/2 hrs for it to finish. This will happen every three weeks for one year. So far today there are no side effects...well maybe one.... I came home and slept for three hours. That is something I have NEVER done. I hope that is the only side effect I will EVER have.
Next Thursday, I start my radiation treatments. I have to have them everyday for six weeks. It's going to be a long summer, but it's O.K. I will make up for lost time next year!!!!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello Clara
I really admire your spirit
Take care
Cathy

Rachel said...

Oh bless you Clara. I hope all goes well and there are no more side effects.

Oh, if you read my comments about moving my favorites list around...Jim answered it and it's so darn easy!! I'm so happy now I can move all my favorites where I want them.

Rachel said...

I meant read the comments to my question about that!

Judy said...

Clara, I am praying for you that there are no other side effects. I have a niece that just finished chemo with no problems other than feeling tired afterward and sleeping.

Jamie Dawn said...

I hope you get all the rest you need as you have these treatments. Your attitude will help you get through these next six weeks of daily treatments. I know that will get old really fast.
I hope there are no bad side effects to any of it.
My prayer is that you come through this with flying colors and that you never face cancer again!!!

Patty said...

Clara your strength is a wonderful testimony to all of us.
Keeping you in our prayers