Monday, May 12, 2008

BEEF STEW WEATHER TODAY.....

This pot of beef stew really looks good today. I think Old Man Winter doesn't want to give up. It's been in the lower 50's with the wind blowing up a storm. It felt more like the 20's. I turned on my gas logs maybe for the last time this year.
I bought these huge green beans at Food City. They make me think of the Turkey Craw beans we raised. Yummy!!!!
And the greens are mustard, kale and collards. Now I have a big cake of cornbread in the oven! Anyone want to come for supper?

6 comments:

Marci said...

Looks good Clara. It is cold here too. I wished for a fire today. I just put on socks, pants under my dress and a wool sweater.

Judy said...

Gosh Clara! That looks so good it makes you hungry to look at it. You must cook just like me. I could live on cornbread. Ever try it in buttermilk? Judy

Clara....in TN said...

Judy, I love it in cornbread. My MIL rest her soul, knew how I liked it and she would always have some ready for me when I visited her.

Clara....in TN said...

OOPS!!! I meant to say, "I love it in BUTTERMILK."

Patty said...

Looks good to me Clara, I have lots of collards ready to eat in the garden. certainly not stew weather here in Texas ; )

Moobear said...

Oh my! How I do love greens and cornbread. I had Jerrell to look for some collards at the farmer's market near the flea market that he goes to on Saturdays, but they didn't have any. I will sit back and envy you Clara. lol...soon I will be having me some greens. I am glad you are doing well Clara, thanks for the emails and comments. Take good care of yourself. Your friend across the mountain.

Claudia