Sunday, March 18, 2012

POLICE CARS.........and KNEES

I wish I had made a picture.  Yesterday morning when I stepped out my back door, there were three police cars parked in my driveway.   I just about had a heart attack.   I knew they were there to tell me something had happened to Gary....(my son)...but where were they?   Then I decided they must be at my front door, so I walked around the house (in my PJ's)  to find no one at my front door.  My heart was about to jump out of my chest.   Then I walked out into my back yard and I could see three policemen in my neighbors yard talking to the girl who lives there.  What was going on I wanted to know, so I stayed outside until the police came back to their cars....which was about thirty minutes.   Here is what the police told me.   The girl had ran her car into the river and swam to the shore and then ran.      I imagine when they pulled the car out they found the owner, and came to her house.(No drivers license and no insurance)  The police thought they were in HER drive way.  I told them they just about caused me to have a heart attack.   They apologized so I turned and went in the house.  Just as I did my knee popped and it took me forever to take a step.  I couldn't walk.  I stayed in the bed all afternoon with an ice pack and ibprofen.  It is swollen really big.  Today, I can walk.  I went to church, but it is really sore.  Maybe a pulled ligament.?    Any way....that's what's going on in my world......NEVER a DULL Moment!!!!!! 

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

My word, Clara! What next for you? I think you might want to see a doctor about that knee if it doesn't clear up soon..

Teresa said...

WOW, what a morning you had!! So glad it wasn't Gary though. I hope your knee continues to recover.

Poor girl. What terrible thing must be going on in her life that she would do such a thing.
~ t.

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, Clara...I can definitely understand you being worried! I'm so glad to know that Gary and the rest of your family is okay. I do hope your knee keeps feeling better.

And I'm glad to see you back blogging. Love the photos of the flowers in your yard!