Wednesday, July 23, 2008

MY WISTERIA.......

has gone wild! I planted it in the WRONG place to begin with. That was fifteen years ago. Every year since then I have trimmed it back to keep it from going into the house. This year I haven't trimmed it and it has just about taken over. It has never bloomed and I know it's because I have to cut it back so often. Now that it's cooled down some, I think that is going to be my next project.
Can you see where I USED to sit and read? This is a little deck just outside of my bedroom. I miss that chair!
Here's an overall view!

7 comments:

Frank Baker said...

Wisteria is beautiful. I experienced the same problems as you. After 5 years i got the problem corrected. I think you know what I did. Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a very healthy wisteria vine! I think it might be trying to get into your house! Better keep an eye on it! :-)

I enjoyed your comment on my blog about MY wild and crazy vine!

Judy said...

That vine is going to be living inside with you! I love that little deck with the chair. Looks like the perfect place to relax.

Patsy said...

One thing about it that wisteria wants space.
Patsy

Rachel said...

I planted a wisteria a few years ago and it went crazy too. It did bloom but the blooms don't last long. The blooms are absolutely beautiful though. Anyway, I'm trying to get rid of it and little by little I am. I have no proper place to plant it, which is a shame because I think it's beautiful with our without blooms!

Marci said...

Mine tries to do the same thing. I pull long runners and roots. It took 5 years before it finally bloomed this year.

Nancy said...

That is a very healthy wisteria! Do you think it's related to the kudzu?:)

I love your slide show. You take photos that are the kinds of scenes I like to paint! Since you used to dabble in painting, you have some great subjects if you want to try it again.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I used to knit, but now I crochet, mainly in the winter in front of the television!