Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mobility Chair.....

We had put in a request through our Doctor for a Scooter for my husband Bill. It has been in the process for about two months or more. Last week, the Mobility Company called me and said everything was finished and they were ready to deliver the scooter. We set up a delivery date which was this morning at 11:00. They came right on time and the guy backed the scooter out of his van without any problem. Well, when he tried to bring it into the house, it wouldn't run. The battery was fully charged and he checked all the connections and he called the help line for assistance. No one could figure out why the thing wouldn't go. I told him I thought we had a lemon! He agreed! In the meantime, there was another Mobility Chair in his van. That is what my husband wanted in the first place.....but I wasn't educated about the difference between a chair and a scooter. I tried to get the guy to leave the chair, but he said he was delivering it to someone else.....but he would tell the case worker that my husband needed the chair instead of the scooter. So....it all has to go through the Doctor again, but it will be worth the wait, I think.
In the meantime.....I need a nap....that was so tiring!!!!! If I have many days like today, they are going to need to bring me one.

2 comments:

dot said...

Clara, sorry you had a bad day and hope Bill can get the chair he wants soon.

Kelli said...

I'm sorry that things didn't work out today. I hope things go quickly through the Doctor.
Kelli