Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What Happened To Me Sunday.....

See this shelf? It fell off the wall. I told my grandson last week..."That shelf is going to fall one of these day". I didn't know it would be so soon. My husband collects hot sauces. I knew the shelf was getting heavy and I knew the screws that were holding it weren't big enough! Only four bottles broke, but what a mess.... wish I had made a picture while they were on the floor. It looked like somebody had been shot in my kitchen. Now the screws are bigger and they go all the way through the shelf far into the wall. Don't have a hankerin' to clean that up again......

7 comments:

Marci said...

Does your husband just collect them or does he use them? We have a collection of hot sauces we use. The guys like much hotter than I do.

Clara....in TN said...

He mostly collects them altho he does like hot sauces.....but the ones on this shelf, he just looks at them.

Annie said...

Now tell me, Clara, if it's his shelf to hold his collection why did you clean up the mess?

Just asking.

Clara....in TN said...

Isn't that the way it works???? Everybody needs a WIFE!!!!
I didn't tell but half of the story. During the time I was cleaning up the mess, he decided he wanted a smoothie drink I had made for breakfast. It was still in my blender in the frig. He was getting a drink and turned the blender over and spilled the smoothie amist the hot sauce. Guess who cleaned that up?

Clara....in TN said...

ME!!!!!

dot said...

Oh how horrible that you had to clean all that up. It would have been fun to see a picture of it tho.

Tina Leigh said...

That was a HOT mess!!!