Friday, May 27, 2011

~~ ONE WISH ~~

      
                                                          Gary & Lisa...1967    
  If we were granted any wish,  I'll tell you what we'd do....We'd wish our kids were small again, for just a month or two.


  To hear their squeals of laughter, to watch them while they play.  And when they ask us to join in, we wouldn't say "not today."

  To hug again their chubby frames, to kiss away their tears, and cherish childhood innocence that washed away the years.

  Then when it's storytime again, we'd stay a little longer, to answer questions, sing the songs, so memories would be stronger.

  But time is callous, wishes, myth, yet God in his wisdom, has given us another chance before we join His kingdom.

  Your faces may not be just the same, your names are changed, 'tis true, but yet the smile that radiates, reminds me so much of you.

  God must have known that grandparents would need a chance or two.  For many little happy things we hadn't had time to do.

  So God gave love to grandparents to equal that before, that, in effect embrace those little lives once more.

6 comments:

http://southernlady64.wordpress.com/ said...

That is the cutest picture and how true those words are! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Latane Barton said...

Priceless and so true. Made me think back when my children were little. It seems sooooo long ago.

Beth said...

Wonderful poem, Clara! And I love the picture of your children. Grandchildren are indeed a blessing...I hope I get to experience that blessing someday!

Rose said...

Did you write that???? It is wonderful...and so true. I have got to send a friend of mine here to read this....she doesn't blog, but she would enjoy this...and it is my childhood friend that lives near Cumberland Gap!

Deb said...

Clara, love your profile.I may not meet you face to face here but will see you in heaven. Live in Kentucky and love the rural area with room to garden and enjoy outdoors. Visit my newly started blog.

Rose said...

I should have told you in my email--I did send the link to this to my friend and she loved it...she was/is my best friend and is my sister-in-law....