Thursday, July 08, 2010

AND AWAY THEY GROW.....

Here's a picture of my cucumbers today.  They are growing fine being that I water them every evening.  Boy did they ever get a good drink one night while I was gone.  I ask Gary if he would water them for me and I said, "Please don't forget to turn off the water."   He snapped back at me with, "Mom, I know to turn off the water."   The next morning he called me and said, "you know me like a book."  He went to a friends house and she was commenting on some cucumbers in the neighbors yard.   That's when he thought of the water still running on the cucumbers.  It had been running for about two hours.   Oh well, maybe that the reason they look so good today.  Look at my brown yard in the background.   We need rain!!!!

2 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Glad the water got turned off. I forgot ours one time and flooded the neighbors garden next door. Whoops.

Lola said...

Yeah, be sure to turn the water off. I fell asleep & our sprinkler ran for about 4 hrs. Yikes.