Saturday, August 01, 2009

Things For The Upcoming Fair and a Pie Safe....

This is my latest knitted sock. The other one is completed except closing up the toe. They will go to the fair.
Here is Carolyn's pie safe. She sold her hutch and bought this pie safe. It is really old, but in good shape. I like it a lot.

And I knitted this doll . It's a little strange being it's arms and legs are so skinny. It will be one of my fair entries. I named her "Dolly"....only because of the hair! :-)


This flag afghan was made by my friend Carolyn. It will go to the fair also. I think it will win a blue ribbon. What do you think?




Mine isn't as pretty. It is supposed to look like stained glass windows, but it leaves a lot to the imagination. This is the first one I've put together with black. I always had to work on it in the daylight. Have you ever tried to work with black yarn after the sun goes down?



12 comments:

Patsy said...

I will miss working at the fair this year,now that we have moved from the Village.
Patsy

Judy said...

Hi Clara, All those pieces are so pretty. I am sure you all will win a prize. I just love Dolly and the socks look so warm. I have a pie safe like that one except mine does not have the drawer. I wish it did. Good luck at the fair.

NCmountainwoman said...

Good luck at the fair. I love the sock...I've never done any so I need to start for the winter.

Beth said...

I love all your handiwork, Clara. (and Carolyn's afghan, too). I wish I had that kind of talent. I have my Grandma's pie safe, and treasure it. It holds so many memories.

Anonymous said...

clara, your sock looks so pretty !!!!!! and i love Dolly . Thanks for putting my pics on your blog . Maybe some day I will have one . Carolyn

Lola said...

Beautiful work Clara. I had a pie safe that my brother gave me but sadly I had to dispose of it. He gently pried it off the wall of a house that was about to fall down. The legs had been married on.

Diary From Africa said...

I love the photo's you've posted of these special things ... 'Dolly' is so sweet and I am fascinated by the pie safe. Is this for keeping pies in, and is it refrigerated or not ? Very interesting, you are so talented to be able to make such lovely things !

L. said...

I wish that you would set up an account and sell your wonderful crafts on Etsy.com!

You are so talented...
xoxo

Jamie Dawn said...

Dolly is a cute doll. Both afghans are really nice. What fun you will have entering your crafts in the fair.
I hope you win blue ribbons on everything you enter!
That pie safe is really nice. I wouldn't mind having one just like it.

:-)

Leedra said...

Dark yarn can be the pits, unless you are in great light. Like your sock, and love Dolly.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Clare, You are just too talented. I love your socks. The colors are gorgeous. AND your dolly is so cute. If you name her Dolly, you need to add some big boobs...ha ha ha...

Love that pie safe... That one is really old to be in such great shape. Your afghan is pretty and does look like stained glass. I love it.

Have fun at the fair.
Hugs,
Betsy

Patricia said...

I love the doll! She is different...ohhh And I know first hand your socks are prefect! You need to enter those head scarves.
Patricia