Sunday, March 08, 2009

~~~~~ON THE LIGHTER SIDE~~~~~

SPRING CLEANING TIPS.....

First of all...housework can't kill you, but why take the chance?

Dust bunnies just run behind curtains and under shelves until you put the broom away and then they scoot right back again. I have better things to do than play hide and seek with dust bunnies.

General Cleaning: Mix one quart cup pine scented house-hold cleaner with four cups of water in a spray bottle. Mist the air lightly. Smells like you have been cleaning all day.

Leave dampened rags in conspicuous locations. Develop an exhausted look, throw yourself on the couch and sigh, "I clean and I clean and I still don't get anywhere."

As a last resort, turn on the oven, throw a teaspoon of cinnamon in a pie pan, turn off the oven and explain that you have been baking cookies for a bake sale for a favorite charity and haven't had time to clean....works every time!

13 comments:

Patsy said...

Oh dear! I just don't want to think about spring cleaning yet. Just want to plant.
Patsy

Mountain Mama said...

This is so funny!!
I don't usually do spring cleaning. I clean all year long and in the spring there is so much lawn and garden care I don't have time for the house. I usually try to give the cottage a quick once over in the winter, right after Christmas and that has to do.
I had to smile at the dust bunny's. I get dust dinosaurs here. LOL

Beth said...

Hilarious, Clara! I'm so glad to see that someone else uses the same cleaning techniques that I do! I knew you and I had a lot in common! :-)

Judy said...

These are hilarious. I cleaned all day Saturday. It was pretty and I put all my floor rugs outside to dry. Thomas Wyatt came on Sunday and spent the night. Now, I need to start over. lol. It was worth it though. I love having him.

Coleens Recipes said...

Your blog made me chuckle. My mother used to sweep the whole house and leave it all in a single pile just ten feet inside the front door. As a child, I never figued out why she did that (rather than throwing it away). Now I know it was to show dad (when he came home from work) she had worked hard all day. The funny thing is...is that if us kids ran passed & disturbed this "pile" she would yell at us LOL. Now I know it wasn't just a pile of "sweepings" ...it was a "pile of proof". Thanks for the chuckle.

Latane Barton said...

What a riot. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Aren't we a sight? Us women I mean. We dread spring and clean up fix up paint up time, yet we do it spite of ourselves. My daughter is coming Sunday to help me with my spring cleaning next week. And no - I won't hire her out to anyone!!!

Good post.

Anonymous said...

Clara, I always think of a lady that I used to work with when anyone talks about cleaning..... She said to set a can of pledge and a dust rag on the coffee table, drag out the sweeper... Get a book and set down and read. If anyone came to visit , Just say ..." Oh I was just in the midst of cleaning " ... Works for me . Carolyn

Retta said...

Clara, you made my day. Sara and Cindy are coming and I need to clean and dont want to, so I'll just get me a bottle of pinesol.
Doneldo did a good job with the trees.

Jamie Dawn said...

Those are great tips! I need to try them. Very funny stuff indeed!!

Leedra said...

This was so funny, everybody around me wanted to know what I was laughing about.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

JeanMac said...

Clara, you're a hoot. thanks for the ideas.

Grammy said...

ha! Just too funny! Brightens my day! thanks.
Love,
Ruby