Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Five People You Meet in Heaven....

I bought this book last week and finished it today. It was really kinda weird. I couldn't keep up with if Eddie was alive or dead... Eddie is a grizzled war veteran who feels trapped in the toil of his father before him, fixing rides at a seaside amusement park. As the park has changed over the years....so, too has Eddie changed. His days are a dull routine of work, loneliness and regret.
Then on his 83rd birthday, Eddie dies in a tragic accident, trying to save a little girl from a falling cart. He awakens in the afterlife and learns that Heaven is a place where your earthly life is explained to you by five people who were in it. Was his life a heroic or a devastating failure???? The answer comes from the most unlikely of sources It is as magical and inspirational as a glimplse of Heaven itself.

7 comments:

dot said...

Sounds kind of strange. Did you enjoy the book?

Clara....in TN said...

Well, I din't want to put it down until I finished it....so I guess that meant I enjoyed it...I don't know!!!!

dot said...

LOL. Guess I've read books like that too.

Tina Leigh said...

Yeah it does sound interesting Clara. Makes me think about what I heard someone say the other day..."God did not give us life as a gift, as most may think, life was given to us as a trust! A gift is your to do with as you please, a TRUST is something you are responsible and accountable for." Something to think about, huh? I'd like to read the book.

Moobear said...

Thanks for sharing your book with us clara and thanks to you tina for giving me some food for thought.

God Bless!

Marci said...

I have had books like that as well Clara. I am a reader too. Tina, that was a good thing to chew on.

Patty said...

I saw the movie and it was so confusing to me at first, but then it started to catch on and it was really a profound story line. Made me think.