Tuesday, September 06, 2011

No Memory Monday....I'm sad today!

  I heard some bad news late last night.  An Amish family with whom I have stayed with in Shipshewana, IN.  has had something tragic to happen.   Six of the eight children were riding in a buggy...driven by the oldest one....age nine... and she pulled out in front of a truck.  She died instantly and another one died on the way to the hospital.  The rest of them are not responsive.  I cannot begin to imagine how this family must be hurting.  If you feel led, please say a prayer for them. Rose, have you heard anything about this?  I know you go to Shipshewana ocassionally.  My heart aches for them.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, clara, no had not heard. Oh...I just cannot imagine...and the people around there just fly. I told Roger when we were up there last time, I did not see how more were not in accidents...that poor family.

Latane Barton said...

That makes me very sad, too. I will say prayers for that family as they must be devastated now.