Monday, December 22, 2008

Broken Leg.....


Gary broke his leg Saturday night. He was working and stepped off a ladder. He said he thought he was on the second rung up and he was on about the fourth. You know how that is, have you ever been going down steps and thought you were at the bottom and suddenly find out you are not. He hit the ground and knew right away it was broken. He was by himself and called 911 from his cell phone. After the ER ordeal, they admitted him and did surgery Sunday morning at 8:00. I stayed at the hospital all day yesterday. He keeps telling me not to worry, but that's like telling me not to breathe. He also keeps telling me....now you have TWO to wait on. This morning...(Monday) I am waiting on his call to tell me to come get him at the hospital. His car is in JC. We will have to figure a way to get it home....but we will survive...it could be worse. I'm glad I have someone to "LEAN" on!

10 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Clara... I'm so sorry to hear about Gary. I always am afraid when George climbs around on the roof going up and down the ladder.

Hope you can get him home today. I'm sure he'll enjoy LEANING on you for awhile!!! Give him my best.

Take care and Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy

Margie's Musings said...

I have you and Gary in my thoughts and prayers, Clara.

Paula said...

I've been thinking of you and praying for you since I heard. I do hope he's not in much pain. Please see if you can have someone come and help for a few hours a day....maybe they can do some housework so that you can focus on your two ill men. Please take care of yourself. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Clara, I am so sorry about your husband. This time of year seems to bring tragedy on, (I guess it is according to how you look at it as to whether or not it is a tragedy. At least he is alive, but a break is no fun. My husband broke a shoulder blade and an ankle in the same year. Whew we've had it, and frankly I know how to sympathize with you. Pray someone comes to your rescue and helps you get the car and Gary home safely. Have a good Holiday and Merry Christmas.

Doris

Leedra said...

Oh no, not at Christmas. Was it the Christmas lights? Hate this for all of you, but at least it is JUST a broken leg. (Got to find something to be thankful for.)

Rachel said...

Oh Clara, you poor dear!! I'm glad a broken leg is all he got and I will try to look on the bright side. It certainly could have been worse.

I hope he is able to get around soon and that you get some help and make sure you take some time for YOURSELF, you dear lady!!

I wish you all a very Merry and happy Christmas!!!

Judy said...

Boy, he must have broke it bad to be bandaged up that way. I spent 13 days in the hospital with a broken foot, so don't be surprised if they keep him for a while. I hope he improves a lot and can come home for Christmas. You are in my prayers Clara.

The Calico Quilter said...

What a terrible shame about his accident. I can sympathize: about 15 years ago, my husband broke his femur the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so believe me I know all about tending someone with a toe to hip cast during the holiday rush. My mother in law pitched in to assist us, hope you have lots of help and don't wear yourself out.

Latane Barton said...

I am so sorry Gary broke his leg. Will be thinking of you both during this holiday season.

Beth said...

Oh gosh, Clara, I'm so sorry about Gary's accident! I've been offline for a few days, so I'm just now reading about it. I do pray that it heals quickly and that helping to care for him won't be too difficult for you.