Thursday, March 29, 2012
An hour later he went to the door and I let him out. The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and returned to the spot in the hall and again slept for about and hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.
Curious, I pinned a note to his collar, "I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful dog is and ask you if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."
The next day he arrived for his nap with a different note pinned to his collar. "He lives in a home with 6 children....2 under the age of 3. He's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"
Thursday, March 22, 2012
- Your alarm goes off at 6 AM and you"re glad to hear it.
3. Your Mother-in-law invites you to lunch and you just say NO.
4. You're back in the family rotation to take out the garbage.
5. When you no longer have the urge to choke the person who says, "all you need to beat cancer is the right attitude."
6. When your dental floss runs out and you buy 1000 yards.
7. When you use your toothbrush to brush your teeth and not your hair.
8. You have a chance to buy additional life insurance but you buy a convertibile instead.
9. Your doctor tells you to lose weight and do something about your cholesterol and you actually listen.
10. When your biggest annual celebration is again your birthday, not the day you were diagnosed.
11. When you use your Visa card more than your insurance card.
I AM A SURVIVOR!!!!!! ( 5 YEARS IN APRIL)
Praising the LORD for this!
Sunday, March 18, 2012
I wish I had made a picture. Yesterday morning when I stepped out my back door, there were three police cars parked in my driveway. I just about had a heart attack. I knew they were there to tell me something had happened to Gary....(my son)...but where were they? Then I decided they must be at my front door, so I walked around the house (in my PJ's) to find no one at my front door. My heart was about to jump out of my chest. Then I walked out into my back yard and I could see three policemen in my neighbors yard talking to the girl who lives there. What was going on I wanted to know, so I stayed outside until the police came back to their cars....which was about thirty minutes. Here is what the police told me. The girl had ran her car into the river and swam to the shore and then ran. I imagine when they pulled the car out they found the owner, and came to her house.(No drivers license and no insurance) The police thought they were in HER drive way. I told them they just about caused me to have a heart attack. They apologized so I turned and went in the house. Just as I did my knee popped and it took me forever to take a step. I couldn't walk. I stayed in the bed all afternoon with an ice pack and ibprofen. It is swollen really big. Today, I can walk. I went to church, but it is really sore. Maybe a pulled ligament.? Any way....that's what's going on in my world......NEVER a DULL Moment!!!!!!